Work With Me
Thank you for your interest in working with me!
I am honored that you’ve chosen me to partner on your journey towards Inspired Health!
HOW I WORK
- As of 2017, my primary practice location for In-Person visits is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon at Inspired Health: Integrative + Functional Medicine Center
- I am In-Network with a variety of different Insurance panels listed on my Fees & Insurance Page
- I travel to my satellite clinic located in Raleigh, NC with very limited travel – View my Travel Schedule HERE
- If you live in Raleigh and don’t want to wait for my travel for an in-person visit, please know that I offer TeleHealth appointments!
- I offer TeleHealth remote care for NEW and Established patients!!
- We do NOT bill Insurance for TeleHealth visits, but can offer you a Superbill of your services for you to get reimbursed directly for care
All New Patients (in-person or via TeleHealth) are required to REGISTER with our practice to set up their appointment!
NORTH CAROLINA PATIENTS:
The Raleigh, NC Satellite Clinic currently has NO OPENINGS FOR IN-PERSON NEW PATIENTS IN 2019 >> However, we have TELEHEALTH openings available NOW!
- If you want to wait for an In-Person New Patient Visit >> You can fill out an WAITLIST APPLICATION and we will call you if there is an opening
- If you do NOT want to wait for an In-Person Visit >> Please schedule a TeleHealth visit today!
ABOUT DR. DISHMAN
Dr. Dishman is a dual degree graduate from the National University of Natural Medicine, in Portland, Oregon; graduating with a Naturopathic Medical Doctorate, and an M.S. in Oriental Medicine. She is a Board Certified Licensed Naturopathic Doctor, and an NCCAOM Board Certified National Diplomat in Acupuncture. Her undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from UC, San Diego in Cultural Anthropology is what initially led her down the road of Ancestral studies, medical Anthropology and ultimately evolutionary medicine. You can experience her unique blend of Integrative Functional Medicine by working with her in person or remotely via TeleMedicine.
The way that Dr. Dishman works with patients differs considerably from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with our Integrative Functional Medicine approach and clinical process.
As a New Patient, your treatment is broken into two phases:
- Phase One: The Case Review
- Step 1 of The Case Review: Initial Intake/Consultation
- Step 2 of The Case Review: Review/Report of Findings
- Phase Two: On-going Treatment
PHASE ONE: The Case Review
The Case Review initial intake is the first step for all New Patients, and is ultimately a “Data Collecting Phase”. The Case Review is designed to provide appropriate time for a complete Functional Medicine intake and analysis to save money and time in the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic and physiologic testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
We live in a time where “Data” is the new common, shared language.
We live in a time where “data” is the new common, shared language. By utilizing appropriate lab testing (removing the guessing) we are able to place key pieces of data into place alongside the patient’s clinical picture to help identify the underlying physiologic patterns that contribute to disease. These data points (labs test results, clinical signs and symptoms) create our 360° analysis of your health. Using this analysis as a guide, we customize a regimen specifically tailored for you- moving you along your path towards inspired health.
Case Review – STEP ONE: Initial Intake/Consultation
The Initial New Patient Intake/Consultation is a 60 minute appointment (if Acupuncture is included: 90 minutes). During this visit we review all pertinent signs, symptoms, patterns of disease, diagnosis (past and current), and any contributing information that helps guide a comprehensive 360º look at your health.
Prior to your Initial Intake/Consultation we require that you fill out our New Patient Intake health history forms. These forms can be filled out within your Patient Portal. It is important that you spend time and energy to complete these forms, as they are a vital piece of data and help us understand your case history. This paperwork includes:
- New Patient Health History Questionnaire
- Survey of your Goals and Chief Complaints/Concerns
- Assessment of your ongoing symptoms
- Survey of current/past medications and supplements
- History of diagnosis of disease
- (MSQ): Medical Symptom/Toxicity Questionnaire
- 3 Day Nutrition Diary Form
NOTE: We do feel that it is important for us to review previous labs and records. We ask that you compile the most pertinent and recent (last 6 months) labs and records as priority. Please provide these to our office in advance of your appointment via the patient portal. We will review these at the time of your appointment, however, if the records are extensive (>10 pages), your practitioner will need additional time to complete the Review of Records. This will be billed at an additional cost.
After your Initial Intake/Consultation, Dr. Dishman will:
- Recommend initial laboratory evaluations specifically tailored to your personal case.
- Provide you with any necessary dietary guidelines to follow for 30 days.
- Recommend initial supplements and lifestyle changes for you to begin.
It is critical that you implement the initial recommendations and 30 Day Diet changes to the best of your capabilities and in a timely manner. Your experience with the diet is part of the “data” collected, and will be just as important as any lab findings in guiding the next steps in your ongoing care plan.
Once you complete your labs and we have received the lab results you will move onto Step Two: The Review/Report of Findings. This typically occurs between 4-8 weeks after the Initial Consultation: some labs we use take up to 4 weeks to deliver the results to us after receiving your sample. While you wait for your labs to come back, you will be implementing the 30 Day Dietary changes and initial supplement and lifestyle recommendations, and making forward progress.
Case Review – STEP TWO: Review/Report of Findings
The Case Review/Report of Findings visit is a 60 minute appointment (if Acupuncture is included: 90 minutes). Dr. Dishman can do this appointment in person, or can be done via VSee (a Telemedicine platform designed to keep your information HIPAA compliant) if necessary.
At the Report of Findings visit, Dr. Dishman will:
- Integrate data from your history and intake with the new laboratory data from testing.
- This interpretation is typed up ahead of time, to ensure that proper education and understanding of lab interpretations is met.
- Discuss any underlying patterns and triggers that are contributing to your symptoms.
- Outline the suggested treatment plan: including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Recommend further testing (if needed).
- Answer any questions you have about the findings or the treatment plan.
- Collaboration and feedback is essential: any adjustments to the treatment plan can be made at this point or in the future.
- Recommend future lab and appointment follow up schedules.
PHASE TWO: Ongoing Treatment
Once the Case Review Steps 1 & 2 are complete, you will then move into Phase Two. In general, Dr. Dishman suggests a 4-6 week follow up after your Report of Findings appointment, and then as needed to Review any future pertinent labs. Generally Labs are retested every 4, 6 or 12 months (depending on the Lab used). At these visits, we will review your progress on the treatment plan, along with any follow-up test results, and make additional recommendations or adjustments to the treatment plan as necessary.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person, or have them online via VSee. If you live outside of the Raleigh/Triangle area, we ask that you return for an in person visit at least once a year.
BEND, OR- INSURANCE NETWORKS
Dr. Dishman is In-Network with the following Insurance Companies. Please take a moment to call your insurance company to better understand your “Naturopathic Medicine” and “Acupuncture” coverage benefits.
Regence BCBS: Blue Cross Blue Shield
Pacific Source (Excludes Community Solutions/OHP)
Aetna (PPO and POS – Out of Network with EPO)
TELEHEALTH + CASH Patients (No Insurance Coverage)
Fee schedule for visits: Cash Patients + TeleHealth (not covered by Insurance)
The Case Review is the most timely and efficient way to determine the underlying root causes of your health concerns and design a customized and effective treatment strategy. The Case Review fee structure is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic and physiologic testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in the Case Review and follow up visits so that you can plan accordingly.
Functional Medicine Naturopathic Appointments:
- Naturopathic New Patient Appointment Phase 1 Case Review: $316-412
- Case Review: Phase 2 Review of Findings
- Review of Findings Minimal (1 Lab): $184
- Review of Findings Complex (2-3 Labs): $220
- Review of Findings Complex Plus (>3 Labs): $268
- Follow Up appointments: $184 (30 minutes), $268 (60 minutes)
- Acupuncture New Patient Appointments: $172
- Follow Up Acupuncture appointments: $112
Functional Medicine Naturopathic + Acupuncture Appointments:
- Naturopathic + Acupuncture New Patient Appointments Phase 1 Case Review: $340-388
- Case Review: Phase 2 Review of Findings
- Review of Findings Minimal (1 Lab) + Acupuncture: $196
- Review of Findings Complex (2-3 Labs) + Acupuncture: $296
- Follow Up Naturopathic + Acupuncture: $196
The costs of Laboratory tests recommended during the case review process varies depending on the complexity of condition and level of diagnostic testing required. Laboratory testing is typically $150-1500 (depending on the number of lab tests required for each individual case).
Dr. Dishman utilizes a collaborative approach with other specialists (General Practitioners, Gastroenterologists, Reproductive Endocrinologists, etc) wherever she can, in order to create a team of support for each individual patient.
The exact lab testing ordered after the Initial Case Review depends on the individual case, and may include:
- Blood tests for specific conditions: such as high cholesterol/lipids, autoimmune disease, gluten sensitivity, food sensitivities, Leaky Gut, vitamin/nutrients status, chronic infections.
- Advanced comprehensive stool testing: to screen for beneficial bacteria status, gram negative bacteria, yeast, parasites, intestinal inflammatory markers (IBS, IBD), dysbiosis.
- Breath testing: for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)
- CommonWealth Labs > only available in Oregon practice
- Saliva, Serum and/or Urine hormone testing: for adrenal and sex hormone metabolism.
- Genetic testing: for methylation anomalies and detox capabilities.
The fee for supplements recommended as part of your treatment strategy after the Case Review is typically $100-300.
- Did you know there is no FDA regulation on OTC supplements? We hand select medical grade natural supplements to support YOUR health goals.