Dr. Meaghan Dishman is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, and Licensed Acupuncturist with over a 12 years in private practice and currently practicing in two beautiful bi-coastal locations:
By connecting Functional Medicine with Ancestral principles, she is able to utilize evidence-based modern science, specialized lab testing, alongside nutrition, herbal and holistic lifestyle approaches to address the root cause of disease. This 360° analysis of your health guides the creation of a customized regimen specifically tailored for you – continually moving you along your path towards Inspired health.
- Autoimmune disease
- Gut Health (GI Disorders)
- Fertility / Infertility
- Hormone Health (Endocrinology)
- Integrative Medicine
- Pain Management
- Chronic Disease
- Lifestyle Counseling and Wellness.
This is customized Integrative healthcare – designed to get to the upstream root cause.
Creating lasting strategies for optimal health, and the reversal of chronic disease.
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is a term that defines a movement of personalized medicine that focuses on prevention and underlying physiology versus symptoms for serious chronic disease. By analyzing and establishing a base line physiology through history, medical labs and integrative diagnostics, Dr. Dishman can determine customized treatment strategies to bring into function an optimal state of health, as well as assess patient progress to treatment protocols.
Functional medicine is a science-based field of healthcare that is grounded in the following principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes “patient care” rather than “disease care”
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors.
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other.
- Health as a positive vitality – not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance longevity and health span.
Functional Medicine Training
Dr. Dishman’s postgraduate Functional Medicine Training started with Dr. Datis Kharrazian in 2006: totalling 8 seminars with him over the years. In 2015 she was accepted into the Institute of Functional Medicine’s rigorous certification program. The IFM is a national and global leader in Functional Medicine education, and “The Functional Medicine Movement”. The certification program includes a week long Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice course, plus six Advanced Practice Modules within seven years from the time of application. Below is Dr. Dishman’s certification path:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP): September 2015
- Immune Advanced Practice Module: February 2016
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module: July 2016
- Detox Advanced Practice Module: October 2016
- CardioMetabolic Advanced Practice Module: February 2017
- Energy Advanced Practice Module: July 2017
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module: October 2017
- Certification Exam: April 2018