The Inspired Health Approach
The Inspired Health Approach is a NEW approach to healthcare. We provide high-tech, exceptional Integrative healthcare with the added benefit of extensive training in Naturopathic, Chinese and Functional medicine.
By connecting Functional Medicine with Ancestral principles, we are able to utilize evidence-based modern science, lab testing and technology, alongside nutrition, herbal and lifestyle approaches to address the root cause of disease. This 360° analysis of your health guides the creation of a customized regimen specifically tailored for you, moving you along your path towards inspired health.
Dr. Dishman is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, and Licensed Acupuncturist with over a decade in private practice and currently practicing in beautiful downtown Raleigh, NC at Bloom Integrative Health.
Our Patients: Who are they?
Dr. Dishman sees patients with a wide variety of chronic health conditions, from autoimmune disease, gastrointestinal disorders and hypothyroidism, to infertility. She has been specializing in Functional Endocrinology with an emphasis on Fertility for the last 15 plus years. Patients who do well under her care:
- Are seeking assistance to support their health beyond unnecessary pharmaceutical and medical intervention.
- Are motivated to take an active role in their own health and healing.
- Are interested in understanding and discovering the underlying root cause of their symptoms, and actively addressing any imbalances versus simply suppressing symptoms.
- Are willing and capable of making necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support optimal health and overall well-being.
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is a term that defines a movement of personalized medicine that focuses on prevention and underlying physiology versus symptoms for serious chronic disease. By analyzing and establishing a baseline physiology through history, medical labs and integrative diagnostics, Dr. Dishman can determine customized treatment strategies to bring into function an optimal state of health, as well as assess patient progress to treatment protocols.
Functional medicine is a science-based field of healthcare that is grounded and guided by the following 6 principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes “patient care” rather than “disease care”
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors.
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other.
- Health as a positive vitality – not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance longevity and healthspan.
What conditions do we treat?
In conventional medicine, there is a physician for every part of your body: Gastroenterologists for the digestive system, Cardiologist for the heart, Neurologists for the nervous system and brain, Endocrinologists for the hormonal system, Podiatrist for your feet, and Ophthalmologists for your eyes. In functional medicine, we are trained to see the body as an interconnected whole, recognizing that in order to treat one part of the body, all of the other parts of the body must be considered.
In working with you as a patient, The Inspired Health Approach takes an Overview Effect approach: zooming out to see the common patterns that link all of the health conditions together within the person sitting in front of us. By viewing this perspective we are able to utilize a 360° analysis of your health to see overarching patterns, and can offer customized interventions specifically tailored to impact multiple pathways simultaneously – Helping you recover your own innate inspired health.
By using The Inspired Health Approach we are able to treat a wide variety of health problems, including (but not limited to):
- Adrenal disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic infections
- Digestive disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux, SIBO)
- Elevated cholesterol
- Environmental and food allergies
- Female disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Fertility / Infertility (Male + Female)
- Gut Health: Gastrointestinal Disease
- Hormone Health + Hormonal imbalances
- Interstitial cystitis
- Metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Migraines and headaches
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- MTHFR + Genetic Anomalies
- Overweight and obesity: Weight Management:
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
- Thyroid disorders