About Dr. Meaghan Dishman
Discover life changing wellness.
Dr. Meaghan Dishman is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, and Licensed Acupuncturist with over 14 years in private practice:
- Main Clinic: Bend, OR at Inspired Health
- Satellite Clinic: Raleigh, NC
- View Dr. Dishman’s Clinic Travel Calendar
My intention is to compassionately connect and provide you with inspired information, data, and resources that help inform and empower you to live a nourishing life.
By connecting Functional Medicine with Naturopathic principles, she is able to utilize evidence-based modern science, specialized lab testing, alongside nutrition, herbal and holistic lifestyle approaches to address the root cause of disease. This 360° analysis of your health guides the creation of a customized regimen specifically tailored for you – continually moving you along your path towards Inspired health.
- Autoimmune disease
- Digestive Health (GI Disorders)
- Fertility / Infertility
- Hormone Health (Endocrinology)
- Integrative Medicine
- Pain & Injury Management
- Chronic Disease
- Lifestyle Counseling and Wellness
This is customized Integrative healthcare – designed to get to the upstream root cause.
Creating lasting strategies for optimal health, and the reversal of chronic disease.
I hope to teach and inspire you along the way.
Dr. Dishman lives in Bend, Oregon with her husband and boy / girl twins. She loves to wake up every day in awe of the beautiful sunrise. When not in the clinic, you can find her exploring the trails, traveling for surf, taking too many Continuing Education seminars, finding centering and a good work out in Gyrotonic, Yoga + Barre3 studios across the country, or cooking and loving on her friends and family in her favorite place – the kitchen.
Education / Professional Background
- Oregon State Licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor (ND)
- NCCAOM Board Certified National Diplomat of Acupuncture: National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Oregon State Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Magna cum laude Alumni of University of California, San Diego with a degree in Cultural Anthropology + PreMed
- Alumni of the 6-year dual degree Naturopathic Medical Doctorate and Classical Chinese Masters of Science Medical programs at the oldest university of Naturopathic and Classical Chinese medicine in the United States, the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200hr: Prana Flow Energetic Vinyasa (2013)
- Certified Gyrotonic Pre-Trainer & Gyrokinesis Instructor (2004)
- Founder and Medical Director of a thriving multi-disciplinary healthcare clinic in Portland, Oregon (2005-2010)
- Founder/Owner of Bloom Integrative Health in Raleigh, North Carolina (2010-2017)
- Co-Founder/CEO/Doctor of Inspired Health: Integrative + Functional Medicine Center in Bend, OR (2017-current)
- Member of the IFM, The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member of the OANP, Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the AANP, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Functional Medicine Training
Dr. Dishman’s postgraduate Functional Medicine Training started with Dr. Datis Kharrazian in 2006: totalling 8 seminars with him over the years. In 2015 she was accepted into the Institute of Functional Medicine’s rigorous certification program. The IFM is a national and global leader in Functional Medicine education, and “The Functional Medicine Movement”. The certification program includes a week long Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice course, plus six Advanced Practice Modules within seven years from the time of application. Below is Dr. Dishman’s certification path:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP): September 2015
- Immune Advanced Practice Module: February 2016
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module: July 2016
- Detox Advanced Practice Module: October 2016
- CardioMetabolic Advanced Practice Module: February 2017
- Energy Advanced Practice Module: July 2018
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module: October 2018
- Certification Exam: TBD