About Dr. Meaghan Dishman
Discover life changing wellness.
My intention is to provide you with inspired information, data, and resources that help inform and empower you to live a nourishing life.
I am a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, and Licensed Acupuncturist with over a 12 years in private practice and currently practicing in two beautiful bi-coastal locations:
- Main Clinic Location: Bend, OR at Inspired Health Center (accepting New Patients)
- Satellite Clinic Location: Raleigh, NC (CLOSED to New Patients)
- View Dr. Dishman’s Clinic Travel Calendar
By connecting Functional Medicine with Ancestral principles, I am able to utilize evidence-based modern science, specialized lab testing, alongside nutrition, herbal and holistic lifestyle approaches to address the root cause of disease. This 360° analysis of your health guides the creation of a customized regimen specifically tailored for you – continually moving you along your path towards Inspired health.
Specializing in Autoimmune disease, Gut Health (GI Disorders), Fertility / Infertility, Hormone Health (Endocrinology), Integrative Medicine, Pain Management, Chronic Disease, Lifestyle Counseling and Wellness.
This is customized Integrative healthcare – designed to get to the upstream root cause.
Creating lasting strategies for optimal health, and the reversal of chronic disease.
I hope to teach and inspire you along the way.
Education / Professional Background
- Oregon State Licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor (ND)
- NCCAOM Board Certified National Diplomat of Acupuncture: National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- North Carolina, and Oregon State Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Magna cum laude Alumni of University of California, San Diego with a degree in Cultural Anthropology + PreMed
- Alumni of the 6-year dual degree Naturopathic Medical Doctorate and Classical Chinese Masters of Science Medical programs at the oldest university of Naturopathic and Classical Chinese medicine in the United States, the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200hr: Prana Flow Energetic Vinyasa (2013)
- Certified Gyrotonic Pre-Trainer & Gyrokinesis Instructor (2004)
- Founder and Medical Director of a thriving multi-disciplinary healthcare clinic in Portland, Oregon (2005-2010)
- Founder/Owner of Bloom Integrative Health in Raleigh, North Carolina (2010-2017)
- Co-Founder/CEO/Doctor of Inspired Health: Integrative + Functional Medicine Center in Bend, OR (2017-current)
- Member of the IFM, The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member of the OANP, Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the NCANP, North Carolina Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the NCAAOM, North Carolina Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Member of the NCIMS, North Carolina Integrative Medical Society
- Proud and humble mother of boy/girl twins
Functional Medicine Training
Dr. Dishman’s postgraduate Functional Medicine Training started with Dr. Datis Kharrazian in 2006: totalling 8 seminars with him over the years. In 2015 she was accepted into the Institute of Functional Medicine’s rigorous certification program. The IFM is a national and global leader in Functional Medicine education, and “The Functional Medicine Movement”. The certification program includes a week long Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice course, plus six Advanced Practice Modules within seven years from the time of application. Below is Dr. Dishman’s certification path:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP): September 2015
- Immune Advanced Practice Module: February 2016
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module: July 2016
- Detox Advanced Practice Module: October 2016
- CardioMetabolic Advanced Practice Module: February 2017
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module: October 2017
- Energy Advanced Practice Module: TBD
- Certification Exam: TBD